Monday, November 8, 2010

Frustration on the Lane.....

Saturday was a wonderful day spent with my husband going to visit 5 different train layouts. But after 8 hours of trains I declared Sunday a Lane Day :)  After a quick stop at my favorite local miniature store, and purchasing a few items, off to work on the Lane.
The 1st order of business to continue work of the master bedroom bed. Drilled the holes that the twine stringers will eventually go in. UGHH what a pain, it took at least 10 min just to get the drill bit to work, since it was an odd size and didn't want to fit in the Dremel or hand held drill. Hubby to the rescue....He got it to work, Yeah!!




2nd order of business to stain my purchases from the miniature store. WHAT A MESS!!!! Thankfully I invested in a box of latex gloves, so my hands do not show evidence of the battle yesterday. Got baseboards and crown moulding for the dinning room and the bead board for the library/music room, pre-stain conditioned, and stained. But due to recent rain, they were still tacky after 5 hours, so I was not able to install.


3rd order of business to install ceiling paper in the 2 hallways. Lower hallway not problem, upper hallway.... All I can say is make sure your house is SQUARE when building it. It took 40 minutes to install the upper hallway due to a 1/2 inch variance in the width.

Well progress has been made. I may reach my goal of 2 rooms baseboard and crown moulding complete. We shall see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment